Friday 18 January 2013

No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser - Review



I am super super poor at the moment so I was on the lookout for a cheap but decent cleanser, and armed with a £5 off Skincare voucher from No7, I decided to go and have a look at what they had on offer. I think £9.95 is a really reasonable price, compared to the £25+ I've paid in the past for cleansers, which essentially, do the same job. I've documented my journey with the new Liz Earle formulation of the Cleanse & Polish, which makes me react like a bitch, and Emma Hardie was over-hyped and smelt too strong for my tastes. I love the Lancome one,but I thought I'd give the high street a go!

I am pleasantly surprised by this, being a make-up snob and having no experience with No7, I really wasn't sure what to expect. I associate the brand with my mum and her lipsticks, so had no clue what the skincare was like at all. Its a generous 200ml tube, and it gets all of my make-up off in one go, even the majority of my eyelash glue too (fist pump). The texture is pretty thick, it actually reminds me of Sudocrem, it looks identical?! Smell is fine, I wasn't hit with a smack in the nostrils, and I don't have to do a second cleanse because the first one didn't get it all off!

One thing I would say though, is that the "cloth" you get with it is absolute shite and I'm definitely going to be sticking to my Liz Earle ones! For £4.95, this is brilliant, and I will definitely repurchase and wouldn't hesitate in paying full price! Well done Boots!

I've now got my eye on their new fake clarisonic  electrical cleanser, as its a snip at £25 and I won't mind so much if I hate it! I have to say, since sending my Clarisonic back and getting refund, I don't miss it at all, and my skin is improving ever day!! As always, I can't find a link for the new Boots one but I'm sure we will be sick of hearing about it soon enough when every single bloody beauty blog out there is raving / slating it!

In other news I'm gutted to be back at work, christmas flew by FAR too quickly and I'm still struggling to get out of bed in the mornings! I went out for my birthday last friday, and whilst I spent Saturday hungover on the sofa watching crap TV, my boyfriend ran a marathon! Lazy girl and bad girlfriend points to the max. Awk. Hope you're all having a nice week, and woohoooooooooooooo for the weekend, I'll be spending it on a train, long-distance is so standard now after four years!

Over and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!