Tuesday 15 January 2013

Kerastase Bain Divalent



Hair wise, I'm generally one of those girls that relies heavily on good old Head & Shoulders, as I suffer with the dreaded dandruff, but also a really sensitive, itchy scalp so I find the aloe vera version to be excellent for my hair. I was reading through the InStyle Best Beauty Buys app, and saw that this was recommended by a top hairdresser for people with oily roots yet dry ends, and this is exactly what I suffer with, so I thought I'd give it a whirl! Initially, I thought £14 was quite a lot for a shampoo, as I am one of those girls that hates paying over £6 for shampoo in Boots but will happily splurge £30 on a foundation... what is up with that?? Anyway, I had high hopes as I'd always wanted to try Kerastase, so I popped it into my basket and I was excited for it to arrive.

I did have very high expectations for this shampoo, mainly because it was highly recommended and I was desperate for a product to extend the time between washes, which for me is generally 3 days, with dry shampoo in between, probably the day after I wash it.

After the first few uses, I didn't notice a marked difference at all, and I think my ends are exactly the same, just as dry as before. I think it extended the time between washes a bit, but not enough to impress me and to warrant a crazy, discovery reaction. My problem (amongst others) is that I suffer from a really sensitive scalp, so after the first day I noticed that my scalp started to itch, which usually happens when I use heavily scented products such as Herbal Essences.

In summary, I doubt I'll be repurchasing as I found that it made my scalp itch and didn't really make a difference. 

I am going to Glastonbury in June where I won't be able to wash my hair for 6 days, and I find that dry shampoo irritates it so much, so I'd really appreciate any hair recommendations that anyone has for a sensitive scalp? Please pop them below! Hope you're all having a good week, I can't believe its only Tuesday, groan!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!