Tuesday 22 January 2013

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation






Once again, this was a product that I really wanted to love after hearing brilliant reviews and reading raves on blogs such as Amelia (love her!). I think I paid £40 altogether for this foundation, including postage from Selfridges (vomit) so I really really wanted to love it! I have it in the shade 6.5, which I'd originally bought thinking that it would be really dark, but its actually too light for the days where I'm wearing fake tan!

One of the main appeals of this to me was the no SPF, for photos, and the fact that it was claimed to be long-lasting with a dewy finish, which is something I am desperate to re-create at the moment! I bought this in around September time, so I've had plenty of time to test it out and puts my thoughts together! I've put off writing this review for quite a while, I'm not sure why, I think mainly because I was on the fence for quite a while; I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either!

After much usage and testing with various tools, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not a massive fan. I think £34 is quite a lot for a foundation, just above the normal £25ish I tend to pay, but as I was desperate to try it I shelled out the £40 this time! I really wanted to love it, like I mentioned, but I just felt that the staying power was average and was blotchy and patchy on my face at the end of the day, and was nowhere near the longevity I was expecting. 

I found that I wasted SO much of the product if I used the Real Techniques buffing brush, and I've also found that I needed about 4 or 5 pumps to cover my face, which meant that I was using it up really quickly! I'd say its a medium coverage, its no way sheer but its not as thick as say Double Wear either. Despite my disappointment with this offering from Armani, I am still keen to get my hands on the Maestro foundation!

So all in all, a massive disappointment and I doubt I'd repurchase! The search for the perfection foundation continues! Next on my list are Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and NARS Sheer Glow. Do you have any long-lasting dewy foundation recommendations? I'd love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!