Saturday 8 December 2012

FOTW #2 - Skin Care


 Origins Super Spot Remover,  Lancome Galatéis Douceur, Clarisonic Gel, Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, Origins VitaZing, Clarisonic Mia 2, Origins GinZing, Hydraluron, Eve Lom Cleanser, Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask

This week I've been trying to focus a lot more on skincare, as my skin is so dull at the moment, which I hate! I've been trying lots of new products, and I've disappointed by so many which just again makes me realise that just because the whole bloody blogosphere is raving about it does NOT mean that I will like it! Serves me right for being a sheep!

Super spot remover I've reviewed in a previous post, but I do think I was too harsh about it, and it is better than I think. 

Lancome Galateis Douceur I LOVE LOVE LOVE and it is such a nice cleanser and I love using it, so would 100% recommend!

Clarisonic Gel Not a fan of this, its too foamy and again I'm not keen on the smell, and I don't think it does anything.

Emma Hardie cleansing balm STINKS and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but a review will follow in due course.

Origins VitaZing I really like, and I'm sure I'll be purchasing the full size when this sample size runs out.

Clarisonic Mia 2 - I've only been using this for 2 weeks so far so can't give a full insight into what I think yet, but again I will do an update in a couple of months! But so far, the dreaded "purging" phase hasn't been as bad as expected, I've had a few spots in places I would never get them, such as my cheeks, but nothing too horrible thank god!

Origins GinZing I've also reviewed previously, but it is nice but I will look for a more cooling one next time.

Hydraluron is an interesting one. Considering it is supposed to increase the moisturizing properties of your face and make your skin much more moisturised, I've found that it has had the opposite effect on my skin. I've noticed that my dry patches have actually got worse, and I can't use this straight after using my Clarisonic as I find it really painful on my skin! I also didn't like wearing it before foundation, and I've been using it at night time instead. 

Eve Lom Cleanser I had a free sample of this from Space NK when I bought my clarisonic, and I was really intrigued to see what it would be like, as its one of those "cult" products. OH. MY. GOD. I just could not get past the smell, it was so strong and I actually had to breathe through my mouth when using it so I didn't have to inhale the fumes anymore! Very dramatic I know, but I also hated the texture which felt like rubbing sandpaper against my skin! I've tried to show what the texture is like in these photos below, but it was just awful and I would never use it again!







Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask I had a sample size of this, and I really love it. I can see what the fuss is about with this product, as it really does make a different to my skin and I usually use it overnight and I can really see a difference in the morning! I love the smell of this too. Will definitely buy full size when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!