Tuesday 27 November 2012

ESSIE ESSIE ESSIE ESSIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAH (to the tune of Kaiser Chief's Ruby, yes I have a lot of time on my hands tonight, don't judge).

I was an Essie virgin until about a month ago. And I know I keep banging on about this but I really do live in rural west Wales so there's not exactly a beauty mart or well-stocked Selfridges here for me to nip in to, my nearest Essie stand is 40 minutes away!

After seeing Essie mentioned almost religiously on my favourite beauty blogs such as Kate, Anna & Sarah, I knew it wouldn't be long before I bit the Essie bullet. I was visiting my boyfriend in Oxfordshire a few weekends ago and I saw an Essie stand in the Banbury boots, and before I knew it, there were 3 Essie polishes in my basket. They were on 3 for 2, so it would have been rude not to!

I suffer from the dreaded chipped nails, and I always struggle to find a polish brand that lasts well on my nails as a result of this. Nails Inc is basically shite on me, I don't even bother with brands like 17 & Natural Collection, and Barry M is a joke. I'd heard good things about Essie so I was eager to try. The first shades I picked up were Too Too Hot, Lovie Dovie & Jamaica Me Crazy.

It escalated from a small purchase of this;

to a purchase of this;

and now I've added these;

so the final collection is this;

(sorry for the poor picture quality, they are iPhone pictures with a bit of terrible instagramming!)

Its a love affair that I don't think will stop, and I can see myself adding shades everytime the opportunity arises! This product is also worth a mention as its really increased the wear-time on my nails and I've noticed that its helped my nails too, and its the Essie Nail Polish Base Coat - All In One Base which is £8.99.

I think I've rambled enough about essie now, and if you've been a user for years I'm sure this really was a dull post, so my apologies!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!