Wednesday 19 September 2012

YSL La Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

I had high hopes for this foundation after all the hype. YSL describe the foundation as; "The light of Touche Éclat foundation targets shadowy areas and highlights the contours of the face. With no opaque powders, its perfecting texture evens the complexion and helps conceal your imperfections, while enhancing your skin’s natural beauty."


The packaging was luxe, and as a fan of "dewy/highlighting" foundations I was really eager to see what this had to offer. I was matched at the YSL counter in John Lewis in Milton Keynes by a really nice guy, he was really eager to give me a sample which I always appreciate after the snotty too-much-make-up ladies of Debenhams and Boots!


[photo from YSL beauty website]




I was matched to the shade BD50, which was a good match for my (fake) tanned skin. I applied it firstly with my MAC 187 following moisturiser (no serum, I'm running out and can't afford a new one until payday!). I immediately LOVED the finish, my skin looked radiant, without meaning to brag! I was so pleased, and I was so impressed that I literally almost ordered it straight away from Feel Unique as I saw it was on sale.

However, I am so glad that I didn't. I got home after 8 hours at work and my face looked awful! It was so patchy, half of it had come off and it just looked terrible! I asked my sister what she thought (she sees all the different ones I try out, so she's a good person to judge!), and she gave a very negative verdict! I tried it again the next day with serum and primer this time, hoping for a good result, but it was just as bad! I reckon I got around 4-5 hours of it maximum with it looking decent, and after this it just started to slide off my face! Bearing in mind that this is Britain and it is now around 17 degrees, this was not ideal at all!

I was gutted, as I really wanted to love this foundation, but unfortunately after 7 days of trying with various methods, I'm still not a fan at all! A big thumbs down from me, sorry YSL!

(for reference, I have combination skin and I'm around a NC30 in MAC).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!